See Love Run aspires for love to be contagious and to pay it forward. After all, love is about embracing, enabling, and empowering.
As fear, intolerance, hatred, prejudice, and violence spread in this world, and confront our capacity to love all people; we must focus on the power of love to takle all those negative forces.
Here are a few suggestions to make your love do just that: To be a force that propels others to love, and to do good.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Clean out your closets and give to the Salvation Army.
- Clean out your garage or shed and donate.
- Bake a pie for the older couple next door.
- Participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Get on the board at the local Goodwill.
- Dedicate 10% of your time and resources to charity.
- Tithe at your church.
- Involve yourself with Habitat for Humanity.
- Keep $5 in your glove compartment for the guy with the homeless sign.
- Give your seat in the train or coffee shop to the old lady.
- Pay the toll, coffee charge, or lunch tab for the car behind you.
- Play your instrument at a nursing home.
- Sing with the choir.
- Make quilts for the poor.
- Meet your neighbors and invite them to dinner.
- Throw a block party once a season.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway or scrape their windshield.
- Say hello.
We hope this list inspires you to come up with your own ideas to do good and pay it forward.
Love can be more than romantic, and loving others will come back tenfold. It will turn this world from terrifying to hopeful, the same world that needs love more than ever.
Smile . . . and do good! This world will be better because of you.